On Valentine’s Day, one of our student clubs sponsored a candy gram drive, with proceeds going toward the club and their many activities within the school and at conferences across the Southeast. Obviously, this was very popular among the 7th grade students.
Many tokens of affection were exchanged, jokes were made (one candy gram I delivered was signed from “your mom”...very original), and rumors were started by these cute little red suckers with accompanying pink notes. However, the most hilarious candy gram I’ve ever seen also happened to be written this Valentine’s Day. If you’re reading this now, you probably remember my candy thief from a few weeks back. Well, he struck again on V-day as the author of this hilarious candy gram.
My students were taking a quiz over evolution during 8th period when the candy grams were delivered, so I handed out the candies at the end of class. In the meantime, I decided to sort out the candy grams so it would be easy to distribute them. While reading through the notes, I came to one for my candy thief and set it to the side. Then, another, same deal. Finally, I came to a third candy gram for the candy thief and noticed that the handwriting on the note looked suspiciously like the handwriting of the candy thief himself. Upon closer investigation, I also noticed that the note said something very generic (Happy Valentine’s Day!), but the senders’ names were anything but generic. In fact, the senders were listed as Kim, Kourtney, Khloe (do you see where I’m going with this yet?), and Kylie. All misspelled, of course. I started chuckling and showed my team teacher as I made a mental note to ask him about this when he turned in his quiz.
When the candy thief approached my desk to turn in his quiz, I told him to come around to where I was sitting because I had a question about one of his candy grams. Immediately the familiar candy thief smirk came across his face and I knew my suspicions were correct. He feigned surprise at my accusation at first, but then smiled, paused, and said, “Oh man! I forgot Kendall.” and wrote in her name. Happy belated Valentine’s Day to all from myself AND the Kardashians (who knew the Candy Thief was so tight with all of them?)!
No comments:
Post a Comment